Sunday, May 16, 2010

History Waves #3 ~ First Lady of the Waves


Pic by G.W. aka P.A. ~ A still from the TV coverage of Jessica Watson's entry into Sydney Harbour ~ Saturday 15.05.10~
History Waves #3 ~ First Lady of the Waves
~
Just a week before docking in Sydney Harbour, intrepid 16 year old round the world voyager, Jessica Watson, wrote these words on her blog:
I've had lots of that lovely sunshine stuff lately and today I'm over the moon to see the cabin temperature sitting on 20 degrees! It's been a while since it's been that warm.

But not everything's going as well as the weather.

The fuel system on the engine is still giving me grief, so I can't get the engine to start. This isn't the end of the world, it just means that I've got to be extra careful with power usage. If I can't get it going again, then Jesse and Mike will just have to row Ella's Pink Lady up to the dock after the finish line. No, only kidding, we'll work something out. I would be very nice to motor in under our own steam, so I'll keep trying.

Since I gave up on the food bag system and went for all my favorites a while ago, I'm starting to run out of good food. I've had to start eating the stuff I'd normally leave (I know it serves me right!), but on the up side, I've got so much spare fresh water, that I've been able to use it for washing. Other than that, the dunny has also decided not to play nicely, which is also ore annoying than anything. I mean couldn't it wait just one more week before refusing to work?

Last night the AIS also picked up the first ship I've seen since under Africa, but it didn't come close and I'm pretty surprised that it's the only one I've seen.
~
Sunshine, a Ship and Engine Problems - Saturday May 8, 2010
~

Pic by G.W. aka P.A.
~
1. Read the full post on Jessica's blog.
Tuning in to your own personality, write a diary entry about how you would cope in this situation.
AND
2. Send Jessica a creative "welcome home" message. Go to her blog
HERE and on the left sidebar you can fill in a message.
Maybe identify you are from Casey Grammar in Victoria + your first name and last name initial ONLY. (No more detail than that for security reasons!)
~
3. Read some of her posts on her blog and make a comment there!
Maybe identify you are from Casey Grammar in Victoria + your first name and last name initial ONLY. (No more detail than that for security reasons!)
~
P.S. I wrote a poem called It's been a long walk on the beach celebrating Jessica's journey and homecoming.
It may be found on my blog
HERE!
~

Pic by G.W. aka P.A.
~

4 comments:

Casey said...

I am here
Casey.G

Casey said...

I'm here miss adams :)
casey.G

Euroangel said...

***saw her**** i admire her brevity! i wish I could do that but i know i can't..lol! thanks for the visit!

Euroangel said...

I saw hear on the television too! she made a history! what a brave act!

Jessica Watson

Official Jessica Watson Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...